Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Quick back to school layout

Hi all, I wanted to share a super fast and clean lined layout - perfect for those back to school layouts. My middle child, Jack, started Prep today and up here in Qld that means full time school. He wasn't keen to go but I settled him really fast, snapped a few photos and left. I got the photos developed today (of course) LOL.

1. Cut Black CS 8.5x11. Cut white CS 8x10.5 and adhere to centre of black. Allign 2 4x6 photos as shown. 2. I've used Scenic Route Strips paper for this but its not essential, just 2 matching pattern paper will do.

3. Cut 1 paper 8x1.5, the other 8x0.5. Adhere to top and bottom of photos as shown


4. Choose a small journal spot - a sheer, a rubon, a stamp.... I used a Kelly Panaccini Stamp on white cardstock with red ink.
5. Cut out journal spot and mount onto another circle of Cardstock (I've used the scallop circle by Stampin Up)


6. Add the date to the centre of your journal spot - I've used Basic Grey and Making Memories stickers


7. Adhere to the bottom of your right hand photo, overlapping the photo and the paper strip.



8. Add your title - I've used the word prep, created with white Scenic Route alpha stickers


9. Finish off your layout by adding some journalling along the top of the larger upper strip of paper and add a small arrow pointing to your title. The arrow is a felt Maya Road arrow and I've used a clear strip of dymo printed labelling for the journalling.

There you have it - a simple layout, using not many materials and recording a great moment!!





No comments: