Saturday, January 31, 2009

hanging treat box




Hiya all, I'm just popping up some instructions for the treat box that I showed over at Divas for our Valentines Samples. I'm really pleased with how these turned out, and its something I will be doing again. I orginally found the instructions over at Splitcoast Stampers however everything was in imperial measurements. I took the concept and made up my own measurements!! You will need to use the image below to help you understand the measurements etc.






You will need to begin by cutting a sheet of cardstock into 2 peices, 15cm x 30 cm. You can use double sided patterned cardstock or something like plain Bazzill. Take one sheet of the cardstock and mark in 2cm and 4cms from both sides. Next mark 10cm and 12cm from the bottom. Score all these lines. Cut away the excess which is marked by the shaded section on the above image. You will also need to cut in the little 'tabs' which are marked with arrows. Next you fold and adhere the box together. Punch a hole in the hanger section. Next - decorate....
I decorated mine by adding pale pink card to both the front of the box and the inside of the hanger. I then added some Maya Road Felt, a large heidi swapp heart outline, a strip of the Little Yellow Bicycle paper. I cut out one of the Teresa Collins journal cards and added a popped up rubon which was also on pale pink card and cut out. Finally a button with loooong string. A great little idea for all occasions... I'm thinking a few movie tickets and some chocolate hanging off a bottle of bubbly - I'd love that as a birthday gift!!! I've seen them also done hanging off waterbottles with altered labels on the bottles - and the box filled with sweets and a thank you card - it was a baby shower gift.
Don't forget to share your creations in the Diva Gallery!!

No comments: