Sunday, December 12, 2010

On the 12th Day of Christmas

Well ... today is the last day of the Diva's 12 Days of Christmas for 2010.
We hope you have enjoyed all of the projects.

I don't know about you, but I'm not a fan of the store bought Christmas Cracker / Bon Bon.
I don't like the tissue paper hats, the jokes are not funny and the toys are rubbish.

So, the 12th Day project is to make your own Christmas Crackers / Bon Bons.

Today we are going to be turning this:


Into this:


Materials used:
Brown paper
Toilet rolls
Cracker snaps (bought at Spotlight)
Twine
Jokes (Google can help you here)
Lindt Balls
Scraps of Christmas Paper / Ribbon / Fabric.
Christmas stamps

Instructions:

Step 1: put the snap into the toilet roll. I very lightly taped them into place so they can still be pulled & snap.

Step 2: fill the roll with whatever goodies you like. I typed up some jokes that I found on the internet and wrapped these around my favourite chocolate - Lindt balls - yummo....

Step 3: roll up in brown paper & tie the ends with twine. I then used my pinking shears and trimmed the edges.

Step 4: Decorate with paper / ribbons / stamps / whatever scraps to have

That's it - all done!!! (And not a tissue paper hat in sight to ruin your hair!)

3 comments:

Michelle (Head Diva) said...

lol Nat these are fantasstic

Marion Werren said...

Natalie! I absolutely love these, and think i might head into spotlight tomorrow afternoon, and get all i need. These would be so much nicer for the Christmas Table.

Welcome to Embellees said...

Oh, these are great - picked up some supplies last week - so now with your inspiration - off to the craft table...ooops I mean the dining table.