Thursday, December 09, 2010

On the 9th Day of Christmas

This project is more of a craft project using scrapbooking tools and other supplies.

Banners seem to be all the rage at the moment - they are everywhere - so I decided to do a Christmas banner for the 9th Day - the link being 9 letters in Christmas.

Each of the triangles is a page from the Making Memories calico album. These already came with eyelets in the top corners - perfect - no punching required!

At one of my last trips to Spotlight I spotted some coloured hessian which I though would go great in a few Christmas projects - so for this project I cut red and green triangles of hessian and sewed them onto each of the calico pages.



I did this for 9 flags.

I then cut thin strips of fabric and tied the flags together


I cut the C H R I S T M A S letters 3 inches tall using my Slice. (Now don't fall over in shock that I actually used the Slice - I have had it for years & reckon I have used it maybe 6 times in total - how embarrassing!)

I glued the letters onto the flags and decorated the letters with a bit of bling.



and then that's it - ready to hang




If you are not into fabric and prefer paper - this project can easily be adapted to suit your preference.

I hope you have enjoyed the 9th Day project.

Natalie

2 comments:

karennarelle said...

yay, i havent made a banner, can you believe it!!??? mine will be out of paper though.

Welcome to Embellees said...

Just love this Natalie - congrats on pulling out the Slice - makes you feel great when you use a tool you have had sitting around far too long.