Wednesday, December 08, 2010

On the 8th Day of Christmas


Well... it's not 8 Lords a Leaping... I have made an 8 page 8 x 8 inch album using a mix of different media.

As this album is about our family Christmas in 2010, I have made the pages but will wait until I have the photos from Christmas Day before I decorate them. So the pages are looking a bit plain jane at the moment but I'm sure you get the idea.


Page 1 is the front cover which is chipboard covered in Fabric
I covered one side of the chipboard in heavy duty glue (Pritt Power Gel) and stuck it to the reverse side of the material. I then folded & glued the edges in.


Page 2 is a piece of 8 * 12 inch Fancy Pants Tradition paper, one side of which was folded in to make an 8 x 8 square page with a flap / pocket on one side. The top and bottom edges were decorated using threading water punch.


Page 3 is a paper bag which has the opening on the side. I have cut a semi circle into the bag opening and inside the bag I am going to put the kids letters to Santa.


Page 4 - is an 8 x 8 inch piece of Fancy Pants Tradition patterned paper


Page 5 is a Fancy Pants Tradition flocked transparency.


Page 6 is a piece of green felt


Page 7 Page 2 is a piece of 8 * 12 inch Fancy Pants Tradition paper, one side of which was folded in to make an 8 x 8 square page with a flap / pocket on one side.


Page 8 is the back cover - I have left it undecorated to show you the fabric cover folded over & glued


The pages were really quick and easy to make and once complete, it will be nice to have an album specifically about Christmas.

I have punched holes in the pages & used a couple of split rings - but you could use ribbon / twine if you want to bind the album together.

I really enjoyed creating this album & I hope you have a go at making a Christmas 2010 album too!